Domestic Student Admissions Process
Before applying to SCS, please review the information on our web site and/or in your information packet so that you are fully aware of what SCS has to offer. All forms are available on the SCS web site. The following is a step-by-step admissions process:
- Application and Registration Fee – Please submit the completed application to the SCS office along with the Registration Fee. This Registration Fee will be refunded if your child(ren) is/are not accepted. The application form includes:
- Student Application / Health & Permission Forms: required to be completed for each student enrolling; includes health information and medical treatment instructions; permission for attending school events, publishing photos and leaving school grounds. Students in grades 7 – 12 are required to sign a conduct agreement with the school.
- Covenant Agreement – All families must enter into a covenant with SCS to complete enrollment. This is a “Parental Understanding and Commitment” form, which states that you are in agreement with the policies of the school. Included in the covenant agreement is the SCS “statement of Christian faith”. By signing the covenant agreement, parents partner with SCS to uphold the school’s Christian foundation.
- Reference letters – applicants are asked to submit two reference letters.
- Family Interview – An interview is scheduled with the Principal. The interview includes parents and students.
- Final Acceptance – the Principal makes the final decision regarding acceptance, and parents will be notified approximately two weeks after receiving the full application and interviewing.
* In some cases, academic testing will be required – An additional testing fee of $60 will be charged to cover the costs of a proctor for the testing.
Domestic Student Admissions Fees
Fees for 2016-2017
Registration Fee: $75 per student for JK to Grade 12 is due upon submission of application before August 1st. After Aug 1st, registration fee is $100. After first day of school, registration fee is $125.
|Tuition||First Child||2nd Child||3rd Child||4th Child|
|K to Grade 2||$3,825||$3,275||$2,450||$1,350|
Fee Payment Options:
- Make a lump sum tuition payment for the total amount by August 31st. (Receive a 5% discount on the tuition portion for K- Grade 12 if lump sum payment is received before July 1st).
- Make two equal payments by August 31st and January 31st.
- Submit 10 equal monthly post-dated cheques starting August through May, dated the 15th or 30th of the month.
- Submit 20 equal post-dated bi-monthly tuition cheques (dated the 15th & 30th of each month (½ payment on the 15th and ½ on the 30th, August through May)
Sussex Christian School invites families to participate in the Vista Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) as a way to generate funds toward school fees. SCS uses this national fundraising organization to raise funds by purchasing the everyday items your family normally uses from the merchants you usually shop at. Funds raised by your family can be used toward your school fees.