International Student Admissions Process
Canadian Immigration & Visa Requirements
International Students must meet the immigration and visa requirements of the Canadian Government. These requirements along with the various documents needed, and how to access them, can be found by referring to the Canadian Government website.
Before applying to SCS, please review the information on our website and/or in your information packet so that you are fully aware of what SCS has to offer. All forms are available on the SCS website. The following is a step-by-step admissions process:
- Application and Supporting Forms – Please submit the completed international student application to SCS via e-mail or fax. The application and supporting forms include:
- Student Application / Health & Permission Forms – required to be completed for each student enrolling; includes health information and medical treatment instructions; immunizations; permission for attending school events; publishing photos; and leaving school grounds. Students are also required to sign a code of conduct agreement.
- Academic Report Card – from the previous two years of formal schooling, in English if possible. As well, any supporting certificates or diplomas are encouraged.
- Passport Copy
- Reference letter – applicants are asked to submit one reference letter.
- English Proficiency for Placement Purposes ONLY – This is not required but strongly suggested. IELTS, TOEFL Jr. or the Cambridge Online test are all accepted. SCS will determine ESL programming needs based on report card results and English placement testing.
- Final Acceptance – the Principal makes the final decision regarding acceptance, and parents/agency will be notified approximately two days after receiving the full application and supporting documents.
- Submission of Fees – Once accepted, the full year tuition is due. (In some cases, SCS will allow families to pay by semester)
- Official Visa Acceptance Letter – Once fees are submitted, SCS will offer official letter of acceptance for Canadian Study Visa purposes.
- Fee Refund Policy – Click SCS International Student Tuition Fees Refund Policy for details.
- International Health Care Insurance – All international students are required to purchase health care insurance through our contracted provider, Ingle International Insurance. Families will be invoiced according to their planned stay. Please click here for deatils.
International Student Admissions Fees
Fees for 2017-2018
Registration Fee: $100 per student for JK to Grade 12 is due upon submission of application.
Tuition Fees: Due upon acceptance. Refundable only if the student visa application is denied.
ESL Support: Students demonstrating the need for ESL support will be required to enroll in the SCS ESL program.
|Grade 3-12 Tuition||First Child||2nd Child|